Thursday, March 12, 2015

Wat Saket: Temple of the Golden Mount


I could feel the searing heat as I walked on the pavements on my way to Bangkok's man-made hill crowed with a glistering gold stupa, The Golden Mount. Climbing the Golden Mount costed me twenty baht, which was economical. This well-known landmark has tall and sturdy tress, Buddhist chapels, innumerable stair steps, hundreds of small and big wall bells, gongs and captivating artworks. In order to discern visually the scenic view, I took numerous stair steps that encircled the stupa which made the climb quite daring. It was challenging but worth the effort because I was welcomed by the refreshing city breeze, chiming wall bells and panoramas of remarkable Bangkok. I reached the peak and it was incredibly awesome. Skyscrapers and beautiful city chaos mesmerized me. And the gleaming gold chedi stood proud as people took pictures of it. Spent almost half an hour aimlessly walking the place and taking good shots. This landmark opens at 9:00 - 17:00 and it is located between Boriphat Road and Lan Luang Road, off Ratchadamneon Road. 



P.S. More temples to discover soon.






















No comments:

Post a Comment